At the start of this year, as always, I set myself a set of goals, some of them in review:
- Learn German
- This went really well until about March and then I got busy.
- Summit Mt Kosciusko
- This was all but forgot about, so will be a goal for 2013
- Publish two papers
- I presented work at AAAI-12 in Toronto, Canada, and at AI-12 in Sydney.
- Keep PhD on track for completion in early 2013
- Probably going to be mid 2013, but I am on track.
- Spend more time on non-computer aided activities
- I have spent more time in the evenings reading real books, and going out with mates on the weekends.
During the past year I haven’t done any hiking, and there have been fewer adventures. Having said that I have still done a fair amount of fun things around Sydney during the year:
March – spent a weekend on the Central Coast with church friends.
April – spent Good Friday at the rugby league, and did the annual afternoon at the Easter Show.
May – went to Vivid Sydney.
June – watched an orchestra perform at the Sydney Opera House, and went away for a weekend with mates to the Central Coast – again.
September – went the the V8 Supercars at Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek.
November – saw Coldplay perform at the Sydney Football Stadium.
I will post my goals for 2013 on January 1.