2013 has been great. It’s been a year of fantastic fun, growth and personal achievement.
At the start of 2013 I laid out some goals for the year, they were:
- Complete my PhD
- I submitted on November 20.
- Get a real job
- Not completely achieved, I’m freelancing at the moment.
- Learn German
- I did far better at this than in 2012. I am still very much a beginner, but I am learning.
- Duolingo has been great for this.
- Summit Mt Kosciusko
- Once again this goal was elusive.
- Publish a paper and a journal article
- I published two papers.
- Go on a holiday for at least a week without internet access
- I didn’t end up away for a whole week without internet, but there were a few weekends of digital silence.
An additional personal achievement was reading 12 books over the year – four histories, three science, three theology, and two novels.
There are also a number of highlights from throughout the year: Continue reading