2016 has been a strange year, it has gone by very quickly, and has been full of change.
At the start of 2016 I set a small number of goals, while I only completely achieved two of them I feel I made progress towards all of them:
- Get a stable job (this may involve leaving academia)
- The first half the year saw more of the casual work and weeks without income that I had experienced in 2015
- However, by the end of 2016 I have a full time job and it is in academia! While I continue to look for further opportunities it has been good in the second half the year to have some stability in life.
- Continue learning German
- During the first half of the year I continued well along this goal, however, by the end of the year any practice has fallen by the wayside.
- Travel and/or move to Europe or Singapore
- I spent a month travelling around Europe in February and tried for a job in Germany but was unsuccessful.
- Read 30 books
- I completed 27 books, which is fewer than the previous two years, however, after moving house I have a shorter commute to work which is where I do the majority of my reading. Below are some of the books I read this year.
Every month had its highlights: Continue reading “2016 – The Year of Change… Kinda”